Homeowners are spending more time at home and are looking to pamper themselves with a spa-like retreat. Inspired by upscale hotels and resorts, homeowners convert their builder-grade master baths into an inspired and peaceful space to relax at the end of the day.
- Simple Larger Showers – Most homeowners favor clean-lined walk-in showers with a built-in or portable bench. Smart-home plumbing fixtures with multiple faucets help customize the shower experience with specific temperatures, water pressures, and steam features.
- Freestanding Sculptural Tubs – Homeowners who have the space prefer a modern freestanding sculptural tub. Many newer models of bathtubs are artistically designed to be bathroom showstoppers.
- Separate Vanities – In every room of the home, storage is an important feature, and bathrooms are no exception. Having clutter-free counters and enough room for your bathroom necessities keeps your home feeling like a relaxing retreat.
- Better Lighting – Bright natural light is best, but you can't always have natural light in your bathrooms. For the best artificial light, warm, bright light with multiple layers can make a room feel less closed-in. Light dimmers help to create the exact lighting needed for each experience.
- Smart Toilets & Bidets – Toilets have improved significantly over the last few years. The latest technology is available in some toilets that offer a built-in bidet, heated seat, water, water conservation, bowl cleaning after use, or auto-open/close of the lid.
- Technology – Smart technology showcased in spa bathrooms doesn't stop at the plumbing and lighting. Touch-less faucets, heated bathroom floors, highly efficient air circulation systems, built-in speakers, and even bathroom televisions have become increasingly popular.
- Nature – Spas use the tranquil peace that nature-inspired environments create with natural textures and colors. Bringing live plants into your bathroom space or even using a botanical print wallpaper that can withstand a moist environment helps bring the outside into your new spa bathroom.
Homeowners should carefully choose practical updates and add value to help get a return on their investment. Most homeowners select lower-maintenance materials with modern, advanced technology that still maintains the aesthetics found in other places in their homes. Expenses can add up, but most homeowners feel like the remodel is worth the price for an at-home retreat available at any time.
The professional Realtors® of Poole Realty have insight into which features are worth the cost of investment in a bathroom remodel. To speak with a Realtor®, give us a call today!