When we are young, everyone is taught to dream big. Some of us dreamed of being astronauts, living in mansions, or being princesses. As adults, we can still dream big, but we must plan to make those dreams a reality. Part of that future planning is living in our dream home.
MAKE CONCRETE PLANS
While your dream home may be conceptually perfect, it could seem impossible financially. Here are some steps to put your dreams into action.
- Save every month. A penny saved is a penny earned. Setting aside just a little bit of money each month adds up quickly.
- Work with a financial planner. Meet with a professional who can deeply dive into your budget and help you achieve your long-term goals. If you don't have a financial planner, give us a call.
- Be aware of hidden costs. When buying or building a home, there are more costs than just the market price. A professional Realtor® can help you uncover and prepare for these unknown expenses.
- Match your career to your dreams. Living in your dream home comes with costs. When career planning, or home planning, make sure your income will align with your financial desires.
The expert Realtors® at Poole Realty can help you take your vision from dreams to reality.
DEFINING YOUR DREAM HOME
Dreams can be elusive because they lack definition. Defining your objectives can help you move closer to making them a reality.
- Prioritize- When looking at these factors, you must prioritize the essential items and what preferences you can let go of if needed.
- Location – If you want some land, decide if living in the country is worth the extra travel to work. If not, perhaps you prefer to live in the heart of the city, where most of your destinations are just a quick walk away.
- Lakes/Water View – Do you enjoy recreational activities and seeing the sunset over the water?
- Styles – When picturing your home explore all designs and floorplans.
- Family's dreams– Consider others when making this decision. Make sure your home is conducive to your family's goals and hobbies.
- Relocation – You may have to move to a different part of the nation. For almost anyone changing homes, and especially true for anyone changing cities, there are always many questions. Poole Realty has been in business for over 35 years, and our agents are experienced in ensuring clients have a smooth transition in northern Florida.
Finding or affording your dream home may seem challenging, but we can help you find ways to make it possible. The expert Realtors® at Poole Realty can help you take your vision from dreams to reality. Come talk to us about your goals.